background

Tuesday 20 October 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy


I've got loads of work to do today. I'm doing a NCFE textiles course which is great but it does take up alot of my spare time doing homework, less time for my crafty experiments. First job today: I need to get some fabric and a design ready for machine embroidery and another for hand embroidery, ready for this evenings class. I'll let you know how I get on. I could also do a page in my sketch book based on applique. Job 2: I enter a piece of work to an Art Raffle each month. This months theme is orange and black. I found an orange and black brooch this morning that I made earlier but I might make a Halloween card to go with it. There's loads of other stuff I need to be getting on with. I want to do a big picture comprising of lots of small collages. I want it finished by Christmas. I've only made 2 small squares so far so I reckon I need to try and make 2-3 squares a week and I'd better make some more Christmas cards and gift boxes too. Job 3 today: I meet a group each week from Middlesbrough Social Inclusion and we do arty crafty things. We're doing a display along with the other groups that come into the library for the Learning Shop Window so I need to make a start on that too. Better get a move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment